RMHA Board Meeting Minutes
Monday, September 14, 2020
Executive (bold font indicates attendance) Bruce Johnson, Scott Pahl, Ryan Dreger, Sandy Moser, Amanda Robins, Laura Benz, Jolaine Hepfner, Adam Stinson, Chris Andresen, Rachelle Dreger, Shane Benz, Connie MacPherson, Derek Martin, Lisa Barton-Jones, Cortney Pahl, Chelsea Greenberry, Nicky Nelson, Trent Guest, Joan Digney.
- CALL TO ORDER
Bruce Johnson called the meeting to order at 6:27 p.m
- ADOPTION OF MINUTES
Motion: To adopt the minutes of the August/Emergency meeting as read.
Moved: Lisa Barton-Jones
Seconded: Chris Andresen / CARRIED
- ADOPTION OF AGENDA
Motion: To adopt the agenda as presented.
Moved: Jolaine Hepfner
Seconded: Shane Benz / CARRIED
- TREASURER REPORT
Sandy Moser (Previous Treasurer) is to be removed as signing authority from the RMHA accounts.
The new signing authorities should be as follows:
CIBC Account 00449 78-14615 in the name of Redcliff Minor Hockey Association: Bruce Johnson (President), Ryan Dreger (Vice President) and Amanda Robins (Treasurer) with any 2 to sign.
Servus Credit Union Account 9427303 in the name of Redcliff Minor Hockey Association (Casino): Bruce Johnson (President) and Amanda Robins (Treasurer) Both to sign.
RMHA Board authorizes Amanda Robins to sign on all RMHA Team Accounts with the Team Managers and Treasurers for a smoother transition in year end and as a back up signature if either Manager or Treasurer is unavailable.
Casino Account Balance $17,424.28
General Account Balance $40,519.22
A payment was deposited for the cost of half of the boards. There was a difference in the MHMHA balance owed to what the cheque was written to RMHA but that has been discussed and an agreement has been reached.
Balances in account reflect deposits paid and some registration fees. The Team Snap deposit is made monthly so not all registration fees have been deposited yet.
- CONCESSION REPORT - Concession is still in question as limited traffic is recommended in the lobby. Bruce will talk to the Town of Redcliff about this as the lobby has reopened.
- NEW BUSINESS
- U-13 Account - This account has a remaining balance of $4544.44 which will leave the team with $3295.00 after leaving the mandatory $1250.00 for this year’s team. RMHA Board has decided that those players would receive a cheque back in the amount of approx. $219 each.
- Bottle Drive Fundraiser for the Presber Family - Amanda brought this to RMHA as a possible fundraiser for a young boy who is battling cancer in Medicine Hat and will have a long road/extra expenses ahead of them. RMHA Board agrees that we will hold this fundraiser as soon as possible once teams are arranged.
- Concession - This has been tabled for now until Bruce can have a discussion with the Town of Redcliff.
- Evaluations - There has been a lot of miscommunication felt by the RMHA Board in regard to the evaluation process and player movement. A lot of this confusion has come from discussions had at the meeting with U11 parents at their evaluation in Medicine Hat. Although, we do not have a written agreement, there is a verbal agreement in place until we are sure this will work for us as an association. RMHA Board agrees that we need a sustainable plan but are concerned that Redcliff players returning from evaluations that only want to play in Redcliff may have to now try out for their own home association with the possibility of not playing here. RMHA Board have only the best interest of the players in mind and player movement will allow them to play the best level of hockey possible. All Redcliff players that return to Redcliff will be allowed to play in Redcliff. Some conversations will have to be had with parents and player if that player is 2 or 3 levels below what the tier for that division is. RMHA would then offer suggestions such as Medicine Hat House League or playing as an overage player in a lower division. RMHA Board is encouraging parents and players to evaluate and we will see in the following weeks how everything plays out. If any situations arise, we will call a further meeting to discuss. All directors must communicate this information to their parents and stress that we must act appropriately at any evaluations regardless of what is being said in the arenas. If parents have any concerns, they will be asked to bring them to their director. Trying to implement something that works for all is a moving target and it will be revisited continuously until we get it right.
- Socks - RMHA Board approved Cortney Pahl to order more socks and to get the fall online store up and running. There were no suggestions for anything else to be added to the online store.
- COVID Protocols - Hockey Alberta has left these decisions up to the facility. At this time, the lobby is open but they are recommending side door use as much as possible, no loitering in the lobby, hand sanitizer is available but no masks are required.
- REPORTS: All directors made their contributions to the evaluation concerns above.
President - Bruce Johnson Reports above.
Past President - Scott Pahl Not in attendance.
Vice President - Ryan Dreger Not in attendance
Treasurer - Amanda Robins Report above.
Registrar - Jolaine Hepfner Nothing to report.
CAHL Director - Adam Stinson Not in attendance.
CAHL Governor - Chris Andresen - Nothing to report.
Ice Scheduler - Derek Martin Nothing to report
Ref Scheduler - Connie MacPherson Not in attendance.
Casino/Fundraising Director - Rachelle Dreger Nothing to report
Equipment Director - Trent Guest Nothing to report
Initiation Director - Derek Martin Nothing to report
Novice Director - Lisa Barton-Jones Nothing to report.
Atom Director - Cortney Pahl Nothing to report.
Peewee Director - Nicky Nelson Nothing to report
Bantam Director - Chelsea Greenberry Nothing to report.
Midget Director - Shane Benz Nothing to report.
Media Director - Joan Digney Nothing to report.
- NEXT MEETING - TBD
- ADJOURNMENT - 8:19 PM